‘Ugly’ holiday sweaters in the real world are limited to all the weirdness one can create with yarn, pompoms, sequins, and tiny jingle bells (okay, that actually allows for an endless amount of bizarre creations). But what would a collection of ‘ugly sweaters’ look like if they were made in Blender and worn in Decentraland?
Based on the numerous unique and outlandish Wearables the DCL community has already created to date, this Ugly Sweater Wearable Contest is sure to result in some winter Wearables that will raise eyebrows. Get creating, designers!
What do you have to do to enter?
On the form you’ll be asked for your email, so you can be contacted if you’re chosen as a winner and for the link to your Wearable on the Marketplace, as well as some other helpful information.
The contest opens today, December 1, and will run until Monday, December 19, 2022 7AM UTC. Winners will be contacted shortly afterwards by email.
- Winter/Holiday Theme and represents the idea of an ‘ugly holiday sweater’
- Wackiness & Fun Factor
1st Place: 800 MANA
2nd-10th Place: 600 MANA
All winners will also have their amazing creations shown off on the official Decentraland Twitter!
- Wearables entered must already be approved and published in the Decentraland Marketplace by the contest deadline to qualify.
- Wearables must be winter or winter holiday related and should represent the idea of an ‘ugly holiday sweater’.
- Entrants may submit no more than 3 Wearables and may only claim one prize.
- By submitting a Wearable in the competition, Entrants give the Decentraland Foundation permission to use their entered Wearables in marketing materials and share them on social media.
- MANA prizes will only be deposited into the Creator’s wallet address linked to the Wearable in the Marketplace.
- Submissions will only be accepted if they are sent in via the official contest application form before the deadline of December 19, 2022 7AM UTC.
Sam Hamilton, Decentraland Foundation Creative Director
Shibu, Decentraland Foundation Art Director
PeanutButta, Decentraland Foundation Community Manager
Tillandsia, Decentraland Foundation Lead Creative Copywriter