Your Quick and Dirty Guide to the 2022 Black Friday Sales in Second Life (Plus a Few Tips) – Ryan Schultz
Black Friday is one of the biggest shopping days in the American calendar, and, of course, it comes as no surprise that many Second Life stores also have sales running on or around the Black Friday to Cyber Monday weekend (November 25th to 28th, 2022). Many stores are having 50%-off sales on their merchandise, and a few are offering even bigger discounts!
The biggest list of Second Life Black Friday sales is probably the one compiled by Seraphim: The Seraphim Black Friday Sales List. But there are many other lists:
Please keep in mind that many stores do not use a list to advertise. One of these is Maitreya. For the past couple of years, they have had an (unadvertised) 50%-off sale on the ubiquitous Maitreya Lara female mesh body. Now, I don’t know if Maitreya is going to do it again this year, but I am willing to bet that they will (and, like in previous years, they will not announce it). UPDATE Nov. 25th: Yes, the Maitreya Lara mesh body is now on sale, for L$1,375. Best price of the year, get it now!!!
In fact, Black Friday sales are usually the one time in the year when most major mesh head and body creators offer significant discounts on their wares. (UPDATE 6:12 p.m.: The Second Life Syndicate spreadsheet I talked about earlier has a handy section right at the top, listing the major mesh head and body vendors and their sales!) So keep your eyes peeled for any announcements in any Second Life groups you belong to, and pay a visit to the stores themselves on Black Friday, to check out the action for yourself!
Here are some more details on a few specific stores, culled from this thread on the official Second Life community forums:
- Nuve: As part of their Black Friday celebrations, the Nuve skin and cosmetics store has a free group join from Nov. 21st to Nov. 25th, 2022. If you do not already belong to this group, join it now, and you can pick up countless free group gifts of skins (head plus body skins included), eyebrows, eyeshadows, and lipsticks. Also, if you join the group, you can visit the Nuve store once every seven days to click the panel at the front desk and GET L$75 IN FREE STORE CREDIT! You can accumulate the store credit since it does not expire, and you can use it on anything in the store! I love this, and I wish more stores did stuff like this!
- Dead Doll: you can join their VIP group for free on Thursday, Nov. 24th, and get 50% off main store products! The sim will be restricted to VIP group members only.
- UPDATE Nov. 25th: Like so many other womenswear stores, Pink Cream Pie is throwing a 50%-off sale, until Nov. 28th. You can join the Pink Cream Pie store’s VIP group for free, and get a 50% store credit for any purchases you make with that group tag active! With that free group join, you can pick up dozens and dozens of free group gifts, located on the second floor of their store, next to the Lucky Boards.
- UPDATE Nov. 25th: Dotty’s Secret makeup shop (which also specializes in drag queen makeup) has a free group join from November 21 to November 30! Join the group and wear the group tag to get a 50% discount on everything in the store. There’s also a group gift wall with 15 free group gifts of makeup fatpacks for people of all genders!
- UPDATE Nov. 25th: Another store group that is free to join from Nov. 21st to 28th is Mishmash Fusion, which is offering 50%-off on everything in the store for group members, plus a couple of free group gifts, located up on the wall between the front counter and the stairs. Mishmash also sells clothing and furniture for dinkies (i.e. tiny avatars) up on the second floor!
- UPDATE Nov. 25th: The VIP store group at the FAGA hair store is free to join right now, and they have over ten hair packs free for their group members (all in ombre tones, not solid colours). Just join the group, wander around the store, and click on the EXCLUSIVE GIFT signs below the hairstyle vendors. The store seems to have disappeared from the grid at the moment, but I’m sure they’ll get it all sorted out eventually…maybe the store owner forgot to pay her rent? 😜
- Both LeLutka and Akeruka have a 50%-off sale on their Bento mesh heads (LeLutka’s starts tomorrow, Nov. 25th and runs until Nov. 28th; Akeruka’s is on now, also until Nov. 28th). Remember that Akeruka now has a line of ADVX heads, which work with LeLutka Evo X skins, as well as a line of baby/infant heads, called BABYX.
- Velour’s body skins will on sale for 30% off, which is notable since so many SL head skin creators use the Velour skin tones. So this is your chance to stock up and save!
- Moccino (skins, makeup, cosmetics) is having a 60%-off sale, Nov. 21st to Dec. 1st, 2022. Again, some SL head skins use Moccino skin tones, so stock up!
- If you love being a fantasy avatar, Bespoke will be holding a 75% off sale on select fantasy heads and skins (please check for details in the store).
- UPDATE Nov. 25th: Signature mesh heads and bodies (male and female) are 50% off.
- UPDATE Nov. 27th: Loki (womenswear) has a free group join until tomorrow, November 28th, 2022. You can pick up quite a few nice group gifts in store!
- Belleza is having a 50%-off sale storewide, but their new line of Gen X female bodies will be 20% off (Nov. 25th to 27th, 2022).
Again, my best advice to you is, if you have a favourite store, check to see if they are on any of the lists I posted at the top of this blogpost, but also check their store group, as well as in-store on Black Friday to see what other sales they might be having.
Happy Black Friday shopping!